PhotobucketPhotobucketPhotobucketPhotobucketPhotobucketPhotobucketPhotobucket

Monday, December 23, 2013

Give them a front row seat..





We went to church yesterday. Manye is generally uncomfortable and anxious at church so it has made weekly attendance a challenge since they got home.

We were excited for the boys to see the children's Christmas play, and thought they would really enjoy it.

In the first 5 minutes Manye started to squirm. "This no, good Mom. I no like." I watched both of the boys struggle to pay attention and look around uncomfortably for much of the show.

But then, something happened.

The nativity became present in the show---and this they recognized. They started moving to see better and leaning in.

I told them they could move up to the front row so they could see better, and I watched them as they paid perfect attention for the rest of the show.

In that moment I felt the Lord speak to my heart. " Give them a front row seat."

"Give them a front row seat to my grace, truth and peace. Give them a front row seat to my radical love.  Everyday."

In that moment, it was like time stood still. I could feel HIS presence---and that gentle voice. "Give them a front row seat."

Sometimes we beat ourselves up about the small things, and question how we are supposed to parent these new additions. But we are called to show them Christ first and foremost--in the way we love.

I am so glad we got to hear those precious kids at church yesterday---it really was an amazing program, and I am so glad that my Heavenly Father used the opportunity to remind me of what he has tasked us with----because in the end, nothing else really matters.

0 comments:

Post a Comment